Exploring A Coruña: Day 07

Exploring A Coruña: Day 07

Meaningful Moment

Took some time out to read parts of my granddaughter's letters to me. Gave me a nice feeling of being at home while still here in Spain.

Part of the reason we chose A Coruña was to enjoy its oceanside location. The weather looked iffy at the start of the day, but it turned really nice and perfect to take an up to the knees dip in the Atlantic.


Date29 Jul 2026 (Wednesday)
WeatherTemperature: high 60s to low 70s. Partly sunny/partly cloudy. About 8° cooler than yesterday.
Total All Caminos: 2450 miles
Lodging (Deb & I): Hotel Alda Orzán € 338 for three nights (includes brkfst)
Total Lodging: € 700
Airplane(s):
Total Airplane(s) / Trvl Insrnc: $ 1000 / $ 199
Buses / Trains / Taxis & Rides (Deb & I):
Total Transportation: $ 227
Food (Deb & I): € 10 drinks, tapas, pastries
€ 13 drinks and tapas
€ 18 La Bambolina tapas and drinks
€ 10 pastries @ Amanorata
Total Food: $ 390

Random Thought of the Day

Good breakfast, included at the Hotel Alda Orzán this morning. Nice way to start the day. 

No real agenda. Return to the public market this morning in hopes they have a wider variety of food stuffs than yesterday late afternoon. 
Walk around and explore the city somewhere. 
Maybe go to the beach and dip into the ocean.

On the Road / Notable memories

12:00 p.m. After a nice morning of walking around the two public markets and the Rue Real shopping zone, we stopped for a a coffee and tapas because I was exceedingly hungry. 

I feel that I may have offended the waiter somehow, or I simply imagine it. 

Anyway our next stop is Parque Santa Margarita.

2:30 p.m. Back in the hotel.
5:30 p.m. Back out to sight see. 
5:45p.m. - 6:30 p.m. Playa Orzán and enjoying the Atlantic  ocean
7:00 p.m. Drinks after being kind of in the water LOL 
7:45 p.m. Washing up at the hotel and getting ready to go out for something to eat.
8:15 p.m. Found a great Tapas bar. It was really busy in there and I was proud of myself that I got all my Spanish out in a very crowded, very noisy room with a waiter who was very hurried. I later thanked him for his patience with my Spanish and he had a good laugh and said that it was no problem. 

Pimientos padrones, albóndigas, calamari, pork croquet and filet
Then Deb and I walked to a gluten-free pastry shop that had some really excellent selections. I went for the chocolate cake. Deb went for a mango and passion fruit cake.
Mango passion fruit dessert and chocolate cake

We ended the night by taking a walk thru Parque de Jiménez Muñoz (where we ate our dessert) past the marina and through yet another very crowded, very exciting barrio that was full of people eating, drinking, laughing, and talking.
10:30 p.m. Back in the hotel.


Mercado Publico in Praia Lugo






We bought pastries here. I got a sliced almond and honey flat cake. Deb got a coconut and honey muffin.


Parque Santa Margarita



It was a very relaxing walk. The city itself is very commercialized with lots of traffic. This was a welcome respite, even though it is in the middle of the city.



Commercial and residential area






Playa Riazor



An afternoon at Playa Orzán

The water was beautiful.


Something to drink and a tapa after the beach.
Fried calamari and french fries 


Parque de Jiménez Muñoz



A Coruña marina

A Coruña in the evening








Comments

Popular Posts

Leon: A Sightseer's Guide

Exploring León: Day 02 & 03

Final Countdown to Leaving